Village of Mancelona

Village Offices

Mancelona, named after the daughter of Perry Andress who moved his family here in 1869, is located in the southeast corner of Antrim County at the crossroads of US 131 and M-88.  It was originally incorporated in 1889 and reincorporated under the General Law Village Act of 1895.  The purpose of this was to have an organized village government to furnish and fund local public services for residents of a specific area within a township.  The residents pay for the services through tax collection.

The Village of Mancelona is governed by a seven member board, consisting of one president and 6 trustees.  The council members are on several committees within the board to make decisions that are in the best interest of the community.  The residents are the electors of these officials.

The Village also has employees to run the daily operations.  These employees are hired by the council to perform specific duties of Clerk and Treasurer.  The Village also has a Department of Public Works Division.  These two employees are to maintain roads, sidewalks, parks and other grounds and activities with the Village.  Mancelona also operates its own Police Department.  The department is staffed with 2 fulltime officers who maintain safety with the Village.

The Village of Mancelona is committed to provide residents, property owners, business people and visitors with a Welcoming environment that promote happy and healthy lives!